Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gatorland

On our way to the beach we stopped at Gatorland for a few hours.  When we bought our tickets, the lady asked me if Cale would want to "wrestle a gator"...she showed me some pictures and I said, "no...he's too little and would probably be scared". 

The park is 110-acres which includes wildlife preserves and thousands of alligators (including rare white alligators).  We checked out alligators, crocodiles, the largest alligator in the park, white alligators, snakes, walked in the swamp, road the train and watched the alligator wresting show. 

At the end of the show, kids were able to "wrestle" Layla.  Cale was at the fence watching the kids wrestle Layla...he turned around and walked over to where I was sitting and said, "mommy, when is it my turn?".  I asked if he really wanted to wrestle Layla...he said, "yes mommy".  So, we bought a ticket and stood in line.  As we were in line I was prepping him..."you will have to tell them your name and where you live".  "See the other kids, you'll have to sit on the alligator and use your muscles to pull Layla's head back...oh and don't forget to smile".  When it was his turn, he walked through the gate (as I rushed over to get a good spot to watch) and up to Layla.  They asked his name, "Cale Robert Clark"...then he sat on Layla, pulled back her head, turned to the photographer and smiled.  It was PERFECT!  That kid continues to amaze me...such a big boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment