Monday, February 4, 2013

Florida vacation

As many of you know, I was in FL for work the beginning of January.  My mom and Cale flew down the 18th of January for a week of fun.  I've been on a lot of "vacations" in my life...I was really lucky growing up because my parents took my brother and I on a vacation every summer that I can remember..I've also traveled a lot as an adult.  The week with Cale in Florida was by far the best vacation I've ever been on!  I took 520 pictures, purchased over 100 pictures and took numerous video.  Needless to say I've had a tough time picking pictures for the blog...so, I've created picture collages.  I will update the blog as I finish the collages.

Cale did great on the airplane..he was so excited.  He looked out the window quite often while eating snacks (of course).  On the way down, the pilots let him look in the cockpit and the attendants let him help pick up trash.  You know Cale, he's quite the charmer. :-)

The 1st night we stayed at the hotel I'd been at for 2 weeks...we were surprised by a room service delivery: chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate-chip cookies, milk and a stuffed shark.  It was awesome..Cale probably thinks this is how I roll when I travel for work.

We spent 3 days at Disney World, 2 days at the beach (Longboat Key)...the other days we spent at the aquarium in Tampa and Gatorland in Orlando.

More updates to come (on a side-note, I've decided to create a memory book on Shutterfly..I will share that when it's done).

Surprise!
 
Cale is obsessed with "the castle"...
 
Hollywood studios...his fav!  Why?!  Woody and Buzz of course.


 

 
Jake is kinda getting fresh with me (look at where his hand is..that's my knee).  We also ate dinner with the gang: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. 
Lightening McQueen and Mater!
 
I didn't know what Cale would think of the beach and ocean...I was afraid he would be bored after spending 3 days with Mickey.  He loved the time at the beach..I have video of him laughing and laughing at the "big waves mommy". 


He drank his orange juice in a coffee cup at breakfast and was "fire chief" for the day at lunch.


Waiting for our flight home...Cale's 1st words when we got home, "mommy, it's COLD".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment