When they got into the car:
Gramma: "Buddy, do you want to get mommy something for Valentine’s Day?"
Cale: "Yeah!"
Gramma:"Ok, here is the Kohl’s ad you can look at. Gramma was going to get Pyrex bowls."
Cale:"Where is it Gramma?"
Gramma:"It is on the back page on the bottom."
He finds the picture and then looks at the whole advertisement.
Cale: "Gramma my mom likes jewelry and watches."
Gramma:"But she needs more bowls.
Cale: "Gramma our kitchen has lots of stuff already."
Gramma:"How expensive is the jewelry?"
Cale: "Gramma I
cannot read."
Gramma:"What are the numbers by the jewelry?"
Cale: "Three...O."
Gramma:"Ok that means it is 30% off."
We got into Kohl’s and he went straight to the jewelry counter. He knows where it is located. A young college gal asked if she could
help him. He shows her the ad and she took him to the places where the necklaces were. They were $300 with 30% off. She said to the other older lady behind the counter, "isn’t he so cute".
Gramma: "Buddy, those are kind of expensive."
Then
he saw this other necklace and said he liked it better.
Cale: "It has diamonds Gramma."
So we got it. He wanted to look at watches too but I headed him away from the watches. He said thank you to the lady. Then I said do you want a card for your mom.
He said yes. He picked out a poster size card and I said that is too big and then he wanted this other fancy card wrapped in cellophane with moon and star charm dangling on the front of the card. I said here are the cards that say MOM or Mother. He picked
out his card and I said do you want to wrap the present or put in it this Valentine bag. He wanted the bag. While paying for the gift at the checkout, he wanted to sign his card. He was having a little trouble with writing LOVE but we got that resolved.
He put the card in the envelope and said "Gramma---I have to lick it closed".
He happily skipped to the car with the present and card in the bag. Swinging it in circles. He must have said 6 times on the way home---"My mom is going to luuuuuvvvve it". I told
him he should wait until Friday morning to give to his mom and he said NO.


No comments:
Post a Comment