Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween hike

On Wednesday evening, Cale, my mom and I went on a Halloween hike at Hartman Reserve.  Cale was so excited..."nature walk mommy"!  It was so cute...the walk lasted about 25 minutes and there were animals along the trail.  There was a singing skunk who played the guitar, a possum (which, my mom thought was a kangaroo because the 1st hint the possum gave us was that they are the only animal in North America that carries their babies in a pouch), a tick who told us that only female ticks suck blood (this was Cale's favorite...because he was "grumpy" as Cale says), turkey vulture that said they poop on their legs to keep themselves cool in the summer, a snake (I don't remember what the snake said that was interesting because I was still laughing about the turkey vulture) and finally a tree with poison ivy. 

After the hike we had cookies and hot chocolate in the main building.  For those of you that know Cale well, you know he doesn't like anything hot...not food and especially not drinks.  So, when I got him the hot chocolate I made sure he was warm...and by warm, I mean almost cold.  He asked me what it was before he took a drink, I told him "warm chocolate"...he asked me if it was hot...I told him no.  Prior to every single sip he took he asked me if it was hot...yes, before every single drink.  I tell him he is crazy, which is responds with, no mommy...you're crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment